Thursday, December 22, 2011

Flabulous Flubber

So after yesterday's lack of mental preparedness I felt like I got jipped out of my workout somehow.  Even though I completed the workout, I was frustrated for some reason.  As I got up this morning, however, I felt good.  I didn't feel lethargic or whatever, just like I was ready to take on the day.  I know it has to be because of the workout/exercise.  I just feel better, I can't explain it.  Then I went in and weighed myself.  The scale said "one person at a time please."

I know the "Couch to 5k" plan says to run it 3 times a week, but that would mean waiting until tomorrow or Saturday to run again.  So I decided that I would at least do a brisk walk for 20 minutes today.  So I got all geared up, stretched and went out . . . and did the week 1 workout anyway.  I just got inspired to run it.  So I did.  I pushed myself but I didn't push myself too hard.  I just ran it.  To be honest I only did 16:30 today because my legs were in pain, but it was a good workout.



I still plan on doing the actual "workout 3 " of week 1 on Saturday, but I think I need to be doing some sort of Cardio thing everyday at least...Seriously I am sick of the fatness people,  you should be too.  If you are a Flabulous Fatty, get off the SS Fat Guy get moving.

6 comments:

  1. Great job! You are on the right track, 1/2 hour cardio on most days will help you feel great and lose weight. Try to walk or do something else that doesn't use the same exact muscles or impact as running so you don't hurt yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos Scott! Remember that you will need to avoid injury to continue to make progress. I admire your stick-to-it-iveness! My system, (aside from drumming and performing), has focused more on food intake, as opposed to exercise, but I will need to incorporate a fitness plan to reach my goals this year. Just be careful...although you are mentally tough, clearly, you need the extra day in between workouts, to heal the micro-tearing in your muscles. Fatigue leads to injury, and we don't heal as fast when we are older.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tim and Tammy. You are exactly right. I am not a complete newby when it comes to fitness. Part of the reason for some of my weight gain (and I will write about this at some point) was a very regimented weight lifting program. My success in that was directly related to paying close attention to resting muscle groups. Thanks for the caution and encouragement guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree with all. Also agree that you SHOULD do something everyday. Just not the same thing from one day to the next. Weight training, biking, swimming, elliptical, whatever you can manage in between running days will payoff huge.

    ReplyDelete