Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Being Fat makes you poor(er?)

According to a recent yahoo article, being obese means you will make less money per year!
http://health.yahoo.net/articles/weight-loss/obesity-linked-to-lower-paychecks

I think it's pretty much institutionalized that obesity is stigmatized in this country. I'm guessing that much like other negative associations, this isn't going to change anytime soon. I will add this to my ever growing endlessly boring yet somehow compelling list of reasons I don't want to ever go back to being overweight.

I am fascinated with what motivates people who have been stuck in a rut concerning their weight to finally do something to change it. I know what worked for me, but it was really a complex set of circumstances that finally got me moving. I guess if I knew the answer to this question I could get rich in a hurry huh?

Or maybe I'd have guys who look like this knocking on my door...

3 comments:

  1. Wow...he's a looker! I can see why that would be true...most employers look at someone who is obese, and think...how dedicated to quality and performance is this guy, when he doesn't give a crap about himself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. It may be unfair but I really think that people think that way.

    ReplyDelete