Wednesday, March 7, 2012

No Excuses


Well this about sums it up. What do you really want? Do you want to get fit? Do you want feel better? Be healthy? Lose weight, etc? Do you want it bad enough that your are willing to go the extra mile ? (pun intended)

I decided the first of the year to do a 90 Day Fitness Challenge. I set my goals and I have pretty much stuck to them. I decided I wanted to lose 10 lbs and be able to run a 5K. I have never been a runner, I was injured in an accident, and I haven't weighed my ideal weight since my 25 year old daughter was born.

But I MADE UP MY MIND. I wanted to make the changes, so I did. I starting using a product that made me feel great and gave me more energy. It also helped with my weight loss goals. I found this blog. I got the Couch to 5K app for my phone and joined a gym. I made the necessary changes in my life that would help me to succeed. I didn't think about it, wish it would happen or think it would happen by osmosis. I didn't decide to just take a product for weight loss, I decided to change the way I eat. I also decided that even if I could lose weight by taking the product, that was not what I was really after. I want to be fit, healthy and feel better at 55 than I did at 35. I didn't think it was possible but I do now.

A funny thing happened. I started seeing results, so I kept it up. Every time I would post my Couch to 5K progress and get a "thumbs up" on face book, it made me happy! :) It made me want to do more. Each pound that goes away, I get excited because I know that I am accomplishing my goals. I am disciplining myself. The more I do it - the easier it becomes.

I still have challenges with running because of my injuries, but I keep moving forward. I feel good about myself. I want to share my success with others and help them too.

Thanks to everyone on the blog who has posted. Your stories are inspiring and help me to keep going. I want this to be a lifetime journey of fitness and good health.

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment